Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Back to the Drawing Board

I prepared myself for certain things in the beginning.  I knew the risk of implanting not working, I knew the risk of miscarriage after, I had accepted those things right from the start.  But never did I even think that it would be my own body that just didn't want to cooperate.  Silly of me to think that it would go smoothly throughout the process.  Unfortunately that wasn't in the cards.

My levels were only a measly 46, which after a week and half of shots should have been at or above 250.  The IVF cycle has been canceled.  I go back to Kaiser next week for some bloodwork and then a follow-up with the doc afterward.  Perhaps he can figure something out, see something that can easily be fixed and we can try again.  I think I can push my body a bit more.  I'm not ready to accept failure and very ready to get rid of this feeling of being broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment